Get this free Love Birds SVG cut file and make your own sweet gifts and love-inspired crafts for Valentine’s Day and all year round! This Scandinavian folk art style heart is filled with a pair of sweet love birds and floral elements making it perfect for home decor, gifts, cards and more. This post may contain affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you.
Well friends, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and today I’m teaming up with some super talented designers to bring you the cutest free SVG cut files perfect for sharing your love this season! Because who doesn’t love free cut files??
One of my favorite things about Valentine’s Day crafting is that love is always in season, which means all of those cute heart projects you make this time of year can hang out all year long!
For my contribution, I created a folk art style heart with an adorable pair of love birds. This design is kind of inspired by the 12 Days of Christmas designs I created a few months ago. This the Valentine’s Day spin!
I think it looks pretty sweet on a gift bag or notecard, but it would also be adorable on a t-shirt, tote bag, or reverse canvas.
If you are looking for a quick and easy yet beautiful and sophisticated valentine card, then I have got you covered!
DIY Love Birds Valentine Card
Love Birds Card Supplies:
- Colored Cardstock
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (For this card, I used Siser Easyweed in Hibiscus and Stripflock Pro in White.)
- Iron (I used my new Cricut Mini Easy Press and it worked great)
- 12″ x 12″ Patterned Paper for Envelopes (I used a paper pad I got at Michaels, but this one or this one would be adorable too.) OR 5.5″ Square Envelopes
- Love Birds Heart Cut File (Find the link to download the cut files at the end of this post.)
How to Make a Love Birds Valentine Card
I chose to make my cards using heat transfer vinyl because I just love working with heat transfer vinyl on paper! You could also make these cards using adhesive vinyl if you like, but I like the texture and effects you can get with HTV. (If you are new to working with heat transfer vinyl, be sure to start by reading through my beginner’s guide to heat transfer or iron on vinyl right here first.)
Just check out the texture on that flocked vinyl!
Another benefit of using heat transfer vinyl is that you don’t have to use transfer tape, and sometimes it seems easier to get all of those little pieces on your final project.
Here’s how to make the Love Bird Card:
- Open the design in your cutting machine software and scale them to fit on your notecards. I scaled my design to about 4.75″ inches to fit on 5″ square notecards. Mirror (flip horizontally) the designs, and then send them to your cutting machine to cut.
- Weed out the excess vinyl from your design.
- Cut your cardstock to 10″ x 5″ and fold in half to create your cards.
- Position the vinyl design on top of the card and iron it in on. Remove the clear carrier sheet. Repeat for the second layer if you are doing a multi-color design.
- Finally, if you want, you can create an envelope to match your cards using your patterned paper. I used Design 112078 from the Silhouette Design Store to create my envelopes.
That’s it! Your beautiful cards are all done!
Free Love Birds Heart SVG Cut File
Please Note: These cut files are free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE. Please do not share or redistribute the cut files in any way, if you would like to share the designs with a friend, please send them a link as visits to my site allow me to continue to offer free cut files with you all. Thank you!
When you click the link below, a ZIP file containing the SVG, DXF, and PNG versions of the cut files will download (there is both a single color and multi-color version of the design included in the download). You will need to unzip the file before you will be able to use the cut files.
Okay, but there’s more! 🙂 It’s time to check out all of the other cute Valentine’s Day cut files from my designer friends!
Free Cute Valentine’s Day SVG Cut Files
Cactus Valentines by Liz on Call
Heart Tic Tac Toe by Special Heart Studio
My Kisses are for Daddy by Lemony Fizz
Love You More Box by Pen + Posh
Honey, Bee Mine by Gina C. Creates
Love Loading, Please Wait by Red Earth & Gum Trees
Alphabet I Heart U by Maggie Rose Design Co
Love Birds Heart by Persia Lou (You’re here!)
Until next time, Happy Making!
Get more free cut files here:
[the_grid name=”Free Cut Files Footer”]