Make your own home decor and gifts with this free family monogram SVG and your Cricut or Silhouette machine!
I have a new free SVG design to share with you all today, and this one is really perfect for making gifts for weddings, holidays, and other special occasions.
It’s also great to use for your own cute home decor – hello cute family name sign! In the instructions below, I walk you through how to make a wood sign using adhesive vinyl, but you could also make a DIY wood sign with iron on vinyl or go for a simple reverse canvas DIY.
This design is made up of the hand-drawn floral frame and the words “the … family” so you can add in your family name in your cutting machine software. You can choose whatever font you like for this. In the sample project, I used the font Abril Fatface.
Keep reading to learn how to make your own DIY sign using the free monogram family SVG.
- Blank Square Wood Sign
- White Acrylic Craft Paint and Brush (optional)
- Black Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- My Family Monogram Design (grab it below)
- Cricut, Silhouette, or other Cutting Machine
- Weeding Hook
- Vinyl Application Tool / Squeegee
- If needed, you can start by painting the sign white. Allow to dry completely.
- Open the monogram frame SVG in your cutting machine software and scale the design to fit on your wooden sign. Then, using the software's text tool type in the family last name and position it in the center of the frame design. (Check out this post for more information on working with fonts in Silhouette Studio.)
- Next, use your Silhouette or Cricut to cut the design from adhesive vinyl. If you are new to working with vinyl, be sure to check out my beginner's guide to crafting with adhesive vinyl. (You can also apply heat transfer or iron-on vinyl to wood, which you can read more about here.)
- After the design is cut, remove the excess vinyl from around the design with your weeding hook.
- Use transfer tape to pick the design up from the paper packing and apply it to wood surface. (Check out my complete guide to transfer tape here.) Burnish the design onto the wood sign using your application tool and then carefully remove the transfer tape.
Ready to grab that free cut file?
Free Family Monogram SVG
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the design. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
For even more cute free monogram cut files, check out these designs from my friends. 👇
Free Monogram SVGs
- Donut Monogram from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Customizable Monogram Envelope Seals from The Bearded Housewife
- Pencils Split Teacher Monogram from Color Me Crafty
- Family Monogram SVG from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- Mandala Monogram from Gina C. Creates
- Flower and Leaf Monogram from Sunshine and Munchkins
- Floral Monogram Wreath from Love Like Do
- Cricut Mug Press Monogram from Abbi Kirsten Collections
- Baby Stork Monogram Frame from Extraordinary Chaos
- Apple Teacher Monogram from Simple Made Pretty
- Daisy Monogram from The Denver Housewife
- Square Monogram Frame from The Quiet Grove
- 3D Apple Monogram from Dinosaur Mama
- Diamond Floral Monogram Frame from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Mr. & Mrs. Monogram from Liz on Call
- Split Flower Monogram from Crafting Overload
- Coffee Lover Monogram from Tried & True Creative
- Craft Split Monogram from Crafty Life Mom
- Simple Monogram Wreath from Kiy’s Craftroom
So many cute designs, I am going to be monogramming all the things!
Until next time, Happy Making!
More Free SVG Cut Files
Did you know you can apply heat transfer vinyl to leather? It’s true! This simple technique is a fun way to customize
Download my free hand drawn “make waves” retro ocean SVG cut file and make your own awesome t-shirts, home decor, and more!
Show of your crafty side with this free “Just Keep Crafting” SVG cut file. You can use this design to make t-shirts,