Make your own sparkly glasses with this free 2023 glasses SVG cut file! This design is perfect for ringing in the new year or celebrating a graduate!
Believe it or not, we have almost made it through another year, which means it’s just about time for some silly novelty glasses with a year on them!
Did you know you can really easily make your own novelty glasses out of paper with your Cricut or Silhouette machine? It’s true!
I made some pretty cute paper glasses for St. Patrick’s Day last year, and I decided to come back to the paper glasses crafting table and come up with a 2023 glasses design.
I’m pretty happy with how these turned out, and the holographic adhesive vinyl makes them extra sparkly and special. Keep reading to learn how to make your own and grab the free SVG cut file.
- Black Cardstock
- Metallic and Holographic Adhesive Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Glue or Tape
- My 2023 Glasses Cut File (Get it at the end of this post)
- Silhouette, Cricut, or Brother Cutting Machine
- Weeding Hook
- Scraper Tool
- Cut out the glasses pieces from black cardstock.
- Cut the 2023 and star pieces from holographic vinyl and the remaining decorative pieces from gold vinyl. (If you are new to working with vinyl, check out my beginner's guide to crafting with vinyl here.)
- Remove the excess vinyl from around the designs using the weeding hook.
- Use transfer tape to apply the vinyl decals to the paper glasses pieces. (Be careful when removing the transfer tape from the glasses pieces to avoid tearing the cardstock. Low tack transfer tape may help with this.)
- Fold the temple pieces just above the decorative vinyl.
- Attach the temple pieces to the back of the front glasses piece.
Ready to grab the cut file and get making?
Free 2023 Glasses SVG
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the glasses cut file. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
If you are looking for even more New Years SVGs, you are in the right place! Keep on scrolling, friend.
More Free New Years Eve SVGs
- Happy New Year Layered File from Extraordinary Chaos
- New Year’s Crew from Abbi Kirsten Collections
- New Year Peace & Love Card from Tried & True Creative
- New Year Same Me from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Kiss Me at Midnight, Baby! from The Walnut Street House
- Happy New Years Glasses from Dinosaur Mama
- Kiss Me at Midnight from Color Me Crafty
- New Years Disco Ball from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Is It Over Yet? from Crafting Overload
- My First New Year from Liz on Call
- Happy New Year from The Denver Housewife
- Happy New Year 2023 from Simple Made Pretty
- New Year Same Hot Mess from Crafty Life Mom
- CHEERS Layered Papercraft from Craftara Creates
- 2023 Glasses from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- This is My Year! from Gina C. Creates
- New Year New Adventures from The Quiet Grove
- New Year Baby Card from The Bearded Housewife
- Happy New Year Sign from Kiy’s Craftroom
- Cheer for the New Year from Sunshine and Munchkins
That’s it for today! Happy Making and Happy New Year!
More Free SVGs
Make your own St. Patrick’s Day glasses out of paper with this free SVG cut file and your Cricut or Silhouette machine!
Download my free 2021 fingers crossed SVG cut file and make yourself some hopeful 2021 party decor and gear for New Year’s
Use this free Valentine Doodle SVG cut file with your Cricut or Silhouette to get crafting this Valentine’s Day! Plus 17 more