Download my free 2021 fingers crossed SVG cut file and make yourself some hopeful 2021 party decor and gear for New Year’s Eve! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you.
Well, I think we can probably all agree that 2020 has been a crazy year full of unexpected challenges and loss. Unfortunately, we will still be dealing with a pandemic, when the calendar changes to 2021, but if you are holding out hope for a better new year, then this cut file is for you.
I created this fingers crossed 2021 design for those of you who are cautiously optimistic, like myself. You can use this design in a lot of different ways – put it on a t-shirt, make a banner, or even make yourself a cute headband or hat like I did.
DIY Fingers Crossed 2021 NYE Headbands
These headbands look pretty fabulous, IMO, but they were really easy to put together! Holographic Heat Transfer Vinyl make them super special.
Fingers Crossed NYE Headband Supplies:
- Plastic Headbands
- Black Tissue Paper Festooning (OR Tinsel OR Cut sheets of tissue paper into fringe)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Cardstock
- Holographic Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Iron or Mini EasyPress
- My Free Fingers Crossed 2021 SVG Cut File (Download at the end of the post.)
How to Make Yourself a Fingers Crossed 2021 New Year’s Eve Headband
- Start by downloading the cut file from the end of this post. Unzip the file and open up one of the headband versions of the cut file in your cutting machine software. Cut out the black background piece from a piece of heavyweight black cardstock.
- Next, cut out the white pieces from your Holographic HTV. Remember to mirror your design! (If you are new to working with heat transfer vinyl, be sure to check out my HTV beginner’s guide right HERE.)
- Remove the cut cardstock from your cutting mat, and weed out the exess vinyl from around your design.
- Use your iron to adhere the heat transfer design to the black cardstock. Allow it to cool before removing the carrier sheet.
- Use your hot glue gun, to attach two layers of the tissue festooning to the top of the headband.
- Make a few small clip cuts in the bottom of the cardstock piece and fold the pieces back to make it easier to attach the cardstock design to the headband. Use the hot glue gun to adhere the cardstock design to the top of the headband.
And that’s it! Once the glue is dry, your headband is already to wear!
For my party hat, I used the We Are Memory Keepers Party Board to make a hat and then glued on a cardstock and holographic HTV fingers crossed design.
Free Fingers Cross 2021 New Years SVG Cut File
Ready to download your free cut file??
Before downloading your cut file, please pin the image above! Spreading the word about our free cut files helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This cut file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the link below, a ZIP file containing the SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut file will download. You will need to unzip the file before opening the cut files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
Want even more free adorable NYE cut files? Check out these fun designs from some of my blogger friends!
Free New Year’s Eve SVG Cut Files
If you want to get crafty, for New Year’s Eve, then we have got you covered with all these cute designs! I can’t pick a favorite!
Wishing you all a safe and happy New Year! Happy Making!