Download this free “Storms Don’t Last Forever” cut file and make your own inspiring home decor, apparel, and more. Plus, find 11 more free inspirational SVG cut files!
Hey there. How are you doing? How are you making it through this strange, uncertain time? I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe. <3
Today I’m joining with some of my designer blogger friends to bring you all a collection of free inspiring SVG cut files. It took me a while to find a quote I wanted to design my cut file around, but I ended up choosing “Storms don’t last forever.”
This whole situation can feel pretty dark some days, but I want to stay hopeful. I created this design to convey that hope and the possibility of a bright future.
The design comes in both a multi-color version, which I used to create the reverse canvas above, as well as a single color version, which you can see in the sweatshirt pic below.
Keep scrolling to get my free cut file design as well as the inspiring quote cut files my friends designed!
DIY Storms Don’t Last Forever Reverse Canvas Art
I created a little reverse canvas art using my design, and I will show you how you can make your own below.
I love making reverse canvases because I almost always have canvases in my craft room stash, and it’s such a quick and easy way to make great looking wall art! About a year ago I did a whole post all about how to make a reverse canvas, which you can check out for more detailed info on the process, but really it’s pretty straight forward.
Storms Don’t Last Forever Reverse Canvas Supplies:
- 11″ x 14″ Stretched Canvas
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (For my piece I used Siser Easyweed in Navy Blue and Melon and Siser Electric Teal.)
- Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, or other electronic cutting machine
- Weeding Hook
- Craft Knife
- Hot Glue Gun
- My Free Storms Don’t Last Forever Cut File (Download it from the link at the end of the post.)
How to Make Storms Don’t Last Reverse Canvas Art
Here are the basic steps to creating your own reverse canvas art. (If you are new to working with heat transfer vinyl, it might be helpful to check out my iron on vinyl beginner’s guide right HERE.)
- Use a craft knife and/or pair of pliers to remove the canvas from the wooden frame.
- Set the canvas aside, paint the wooden frame, and set it aside to dry.
- Open the cut file design in your cutting machine software. Mirror (flip horizontally) the design, scale it to fit within the frame, and cut each color of the design from the corresponding vinyls. (Check out my tutorial on cutting multi-color HTV designs with your Silhouette HERE.)
- Weed out the excess vinyl from around the design.
- Position the cut design in the center of your canvas. Iron on each layer one at a time, removing the carrier sheet before applying the next layer. Be sure to cover previously applied layers with parchment paper or a piece of cotton fabric to protect it from the iron.
- After the design is applied, cut the canvas to the size of the frame and then apply it to the back of the frame using hot glue.
And that’s it! If you want to make your own, grab the free cut file below.
Free Storms Don’t Last Forever SVG Cut File
Please Note: These cut files are free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE. Please do not share or redistribute the cut files in any way, if you would like to share the designs with a friend, please send them a link as visits to my site allow me to continue to offer free cut files with you all. Thank you! 🙂
When you click the link below, a ZIP file containing the SVG, DXF, and PNG versions of the cut files will download (the download includes single color and multi-color versions of the design). You will need to unzip the file before opening the cut files in your cutting machine software.
Want more inspirational quote cut files? Check out all of the adorable, uplifting, and FREE cut file designs from my talented friends below.
12 Free Inspiring SVG Cut Files
The Sun Always Shines – The Girl Creative
Storms Don’t Last Forever – Persia Lou
If You Are A Mom…Superhero – A Home to Grow Old In
Tough Times Never Lasts – Life Sew Savory
Choose Happy – Hello Creative Family
Laughter is Timeless – Pineapple Paper Co.
There is Hope – Liz on Call
Every Moment is a Fresh Beginning – That’s What Che Said
Love All, Hate None – Try It Like It Create It
Be Still and Know – Everyday Party Magazine
BElieve THEre is GOOD – We Can Make That
Do Your Best, and Forget the Rest – Brooklyn Berry Designs
Until next time, stay safe and happy making!
More Free SVG Cut Files
Use this free Valentine Doodle SVG cut file with your Cricut or Silhouette to get crafting this Valentine’s Day! Plus 17 more
Use this free strawberry SVG cut file with your Cricut or Silhouette machine to make all kinds of sweet crafts! This post
Show of your crafty side with this free “Just Keep Crafting” SVG cut file. You can use this design to make t-shirts,
Download my free floral globe cut file design and make your own cut tote bag, t-shirt, or whatever you want! This hand