Make your own cute treats and cards for Dad with this free Happy Father’s Day SVG cut file and your Cricut or Silhouette machine!
Father’s Day is just around the corner, which means some of you may be looking for some fun project ideas for the fathers in your life!
I’m joining with some of my SVG designer friends to bring you a bunch of cute new cut file designs perfect for Dad, so be sure to check out all of those cute ideas at the end of this post.
For my SVG, I decided to go with a simple “Happy Father’s Day” design. This cut file is perfect for creating cupcake toppers, cards, gift tags, and treat boxes, as I have shown below.
- Blank Cupcake Box
- Black Adhesive Vinyl (I like Matte for this project)
- Transfer Tape
- My Happy Father's Day Design (grab it below)
- Cricut, Silhouette, or other Cutting Machine
- Weeding Hook
- Vinyl Application Tool / Squeegee
- Open the Happy Father's Day SVG in your cutting machine software and scale the design to fit on the side of your box.
- Next, use your Silhouette or Cricut to cut the design from adhesive vinyl. If you are new to working with vinyl, be sure to check out my beginner's guide to crafting with adhesive vinyl.
- After the design is cut, remove the excess vinyl from around the design with your weeding hook.
- Use transfer tape to pick the design up from the paper packing and apply it to the side of the box before assembling. (Check out my complete guide to transfer tape here.) Gently burnish the design onto the box using your application tool and then carefully remove the transfer tape.
- Fold and assemble the box and insert your treat! To make a tag like the one shown in my sample pic, you can use your cutting machine's print and cut feature. (Learn more about printing and cutting with the Silhouette here.)
Ready to grab that free cut file?
Free Happy Father’s Day SVG
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut file. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
If you are looking for even more SVGs for the fathers in your life, you are in the right place! Keep on scrolling, friend.
More Free SVGs for Fathers
- Bruh Formerly Known as Dad from Hello Creative Family
- Nacho Average Dad from The Girl Creative
- Dad The Myth The Legend The Bad Influence from The Crafty Blogstalker
- Dad Joke Loading from That’s What Che Said
- My Dad is My Hero from Kara Creates
- Happy Father’s Day from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- I Tell Dad Jokes Periodically from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Found the Stud from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Handlettered Father’s Day Tools from Lemon Thistle
- Dads Against Weeds Dare Inspired SVG from A Girl And A Glue Gun
- Dad’s Grillin, Chillin, and Drillin from Weekend Craft
- Best Dad from Try it – Like it – Create it
- Dad Level 99 from Life Sew Savory
- Dad is My Name, Grilling in My Game from Liz on Call
So many cute designs! Which is your fave? Until next time, Happy Making!
More Ideas for Dad
Make your own cute birthday card for a special father in your life with this free “Happy Birthday Dad” card SVG cut
Father’s Day is just around the corner, which means it is time to make something fun for Dad. This cute free printable
You can make totally rad Father’s Day gifts for the raddest dads in your life with my free Rad Dad SVG cut