Make all kinds of adorable dinosaur gear with this free cute triceratops SVG cut file and your Cricut or Silhouette machine!
I have a new free SVG design to share with you all today. This month my SVG designer friends and I are sharing dinosaur cut files, and I decided to create my own cute little triceratops SVGs.
I have three different triceratops designs for you all – two faces (one with a bow and one without) and one full body. They are perfect for creating all kinds of cute dino projects!
Let’s use one to make a cute tote bag, shall we? (P.S. If you are new to working with heat transfer or iron on vinyl, don’t miss my beginner’s guide!)
- Blank Tote Bag
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in 5 Colors (Black, White, Dark Green, Light Green, and Pink)
- Parchment Paper
- My Free Triceratops SVG (Grab it from the link at the end of this post)
- Cricut, Silhouette, or Other Cutting Machine
- Weeding Hook
- Iron, Cricut Easy Press, or Heat Press
- Open the triceratops cut file in your cutting machine software. Scale the design to fit on your tote bag and then mirror the design. (If you are new to working with heat transfer vinyl, be sure to read my beginner's guide here.)
- Cut the different colored sections from corresponding colors of iron on vinyl.
- Remove the excess vinyl from around each layer of the design using your weeding hook.
- Iron on each layer beginning with black. Remove the carrier sheet before applying the next layer. Be sure to cover your design with parchment paper as you iron on the subsequent layers.
Ready to grab those freebies?
Free Triceratops SVGs
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the designs. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
And if you want more dinosaur themed cut files, don’t miss all the other free cut files from my designer friends!
More Free Dinosaur SVGs
- A Rawr Able from Crafting Overload
- Dinosaur Glass Can Wrap from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- This is Fine from Artsy-Farsty Mama
- Dino ROAR from The Quiet Grove
- Dinosaur Printable and Card Tutorial from Extraordinary Chaos
- Dinosaur Hug Me SVG from The Denver Housewife
- Dinosaur Foot Prints SVG from Like Love Do
- Dinosaur Trainer Sunset SVG from Color Me Crafty
- Dinosaur Pocket from Tried & True Creative
- Dino-mite Sticker from Liz on Call
- Customizable T-Rex Shadowbox from Dinosaur Mama
- Dinosaurs are my Spirit Animal from Sunshine and Munchkins
- Dinosaur Party Banner from Gina C. Creates
- Triceratops SVG from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- Dino Squish Sticker from Kiy’s Craftroom
- Dinosaur Graduation Card from The Bearded Housewife
- Today I want to be a Dinosaur from Simple Made Pretty
Okay, friends! That’s it for today. Happy Making!
More Free SVGs
Use these free daisy SVG cut files with your Cricut or Silhouette machine to make all kinds of floral projects! It’s been
Use this free beach ball SVG cut file with your Cricut or Silhouette machine to make all kinds of beach ball crafts
Get this free “Back to Cool” SVG cut file and get crafting with your Silhouette or Cricut for back to school! Plus