Learn how to make your own beautiful paper chrysanthemums easily using your Cricut or Silhouette machine and my free SVG cut files.
Hello hello hello! Today I am sharing a new paper flower craft with you all!
It’s now officially fall, and I was feeling the itch to make some paper florals, but wanted them to have a fall vibe.
The plants that immediately came to mind for me were chrysanthemums and eucalyptus. What a gorgeous combination!
These pretty little things are my take on a paper chrysanthemum, and they are really easy to make with your Cricut or Silhouette machine and the free SVG cut file you can download at the end of this post.
(I also have a free SVG and tutorial on making your own paper eucalyptus stems!)
Here’s how to make your own.
How to Make Paper Chrysanthemums
Learn how to make your own paper chrysanthemums with your Cricut or Silhouette and my free chrysanthemum svg cut files.i
- Colored Cardstock
- My Free Paper Chrysanthemum SVG Cut Files (Get them from the link at the end of this post)
- Cricut, Silhouette, or other Electronic Cutting Machine
- Hot Glue Gun
- Begin by cutting the flower pieces from colored cardstock using your Cricut or Silhouette machine. You can scale the pieces up or down to make a larger or smaller flower as long as you scale all of the pieces together. If you like, you can cut the center pieces from a different color to make a two-tone flower.
- After cutting the pieces, remove them from your cutting mat c off any petals carefully to avoid ripping off any petals.
- Starting with the largest piece, use a pencil to curl the ends of each petal up. Repeat this process with each flower piece.
- With smaller pieces, cup the piece in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze to give it a curled bowl shape.
- For the smallest pieces with the thinnest petals, gently fold the petals up around the edge of the flower center.
- Use hot glue to carefully hold the petals of the smallest piece together in the center and form a rounded bell shape. You can also put a small ball of rolled up paper in the center of the smallest piece and glue the petals to that.
- When all the pieces have been curled and shaped, use hot glue to stack them together largest to smallest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
And that’s it! Easy peasy. Ready to grab that free cut file?
Free Paper Chyrsanthemum SVG
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut file. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
If you make your own paper chrysanthemum, I want to see it! You can share it to my facebook page or tag me on instagram.
Okay, my crafty friends! That’s it for today! Happy Making!
More Paper Crafts
Ideas for Celebrating Kids’ Birthdays: DIY Paper Crowns
Kid’s birthdays are a big deal, but that doesn’t mean they have to be a big stress! Today I’m sharing some simple
DIY Unicorn Paper Lantern Party Decorations
These DIY Unicorn Paper Lanterns make magical party decorations or cute additions to any unicorn themed bedroom or event! Make your own
Free Printable Milk Carton Treat Box Template and Cut File
Make your own mini milk cartons easily using scrapbook paper and this free template or cut file. These adorable little treat boxes
Comments + Project Love
sara Long says
what sizes did you make your flowers and what did you use for the green stems