Make your own mini milk cartons easily using scrapbook paper and this free template or cut file. These adorable little treat boxes make perfect party favors and small gifts! Looking for a simple little party favor or small gift packaging idea? Then you are in the right place! I love a cute little box, and today I am going to share free templates and cut files to make your own adorable mini milk carton boxes.
Recently, the fine crafty folks at A.C. Moore sent me some fun paper crafting goodies to play with, and I was immediate drawn to these Love Nicole adorable paper pads. How cute are these patterns? They are just perfect for summer! I was immediately drawn to the Lemonade pad, and its colorful fruit patterns inspired me to make these fun little treat boxes, which would make super cute favors for any summer soiree. If you are looking for some crafting inspiration, then you are going to want to check out the new A.C. Moore Hour, which airs ever Wednesday at 11AM Eastern time on Create and Craft! I love me some crafty TV, don’t you? You can watch Create and Craft on DISH Network or stream online at createandcraft.com. Ready to get crafting? Here’s everything you will need to make your own sweet treat boxes.
Mini Milk Carton Treat Box Supplies:
- Scrapbook Paper (I used the Love Nicole Lemonade Paper Pad available exclusively at A.C. Moore)
- My Milk Carton Template or Cut File – Download the PDF, Studio, SVG, or PNG
- Printable “You’re Sweet” Tags – Download the PDF
- Electronic Cutting Machine or Scissors and Scoring Tools
- Permanent Adhesive Roller or other Adhesive
- 1.5 ” Circle Punch
- Hole Punch
- Bakers Twine, Rafia, or other String
How to Make Mini Milk Carton Treat Boxes
First, you will need to cut out the box shape from your scrapbook paper. If you have an electronic cutting machine like a Silhouette or Cricut, this is really easy to do using one of the cut files from the supply list above. If you don’t have a cutting machine, then you will need to print out the PDF template, and then cut along the solid lines and score along the dotted lines. Either way is easy! The box is scaled to fit on the cute 8″ x 8″ paper I was using, but you can make larger boxes on bigger paper by scaling up. The boxes cut from 8″ x 8″ paper are about 1.75″ x 4″ x 1.75″. I used my Silhouette to cut out the box shape for me. The cut file includes perforated fold lines, so it will be ready to assemble after cutting. It’s really easy to put these cute little boxes together. Here’s how:
- Fold along all of the dashed lines.
- Apply adhesive to the right side of the vertical tab.
- Secure adhesive tab to the other side of the box to form a tube.
- Use adhesive on the bottom tabs to close the bottom of the box.
At this point, your box is formed and it’s time to fill it up with small treats or gifts. Then, print some of the “You’re Sweet” tags from the supply list above on colored paper (I used paper from the same Love Nicole Paper Pad), and we will finish off our treat boxes.
- Fold along the perforated/scored lines at the top of the box to form the milk carton shape and close the box. Use a hole punch to punch through the top of the box.
- Use a piece of twine, rafia, or string to tie the box closed.
- Use your 1.5″ circle punch or a pair of scissors to cut out the tag. You can back the tag with contrasting paper if desired. Punch a hole through the tag.
- Tie the tag onto the box and finish it off with a cute bow.
And that’s it! Your mini milk carton treat box is all ready! If you want to decorate the milk carton box more, you can add contrasting strips of cardstock, washi tape, stickers or more.