Learn how to make your own beautiful paper eucalyptus stems with your Cricut or Silhouette and my free SVG cut files.
I love making paper florals. Paper flowers and paper leaves, crepe paper, cardstock – I love it all.
This project, however, was my first time making a whole paper branch of greenery. I love eucalyptus stems, so it was a perfect muse for this first attempt!
These DIY paper eucalyptus stems look beautiful incorporated into a paper bouquet or added to a wreath, which is how I used them.
All you need to make your own beautiful 3D eucalyptus stems with your Cricut or Silhouette is some paper, wire, and hot glue. I will walk you through the whole process below, plus you can download the free SVG cut file to make it super easy.
- Green Cardstock
- Green 20 Gauge Floral Wire
- My Free Paper Chrysanthemum SVG Cut Files (Get them from the link at the end of this post)
- Cricut, Silhouette, or other Electronic Cutting Machine
- Wire Snips
- Round Nose Pliers
- Hot Glue Gun
- Begin by cutting the leaf pieces from cardstock using your Cricut or Silhouette machine. I used an olive green color for my eucalyptus stems, but a gray-blue color would be pretty as well.
- After cutting the pieces, carefully remove them from your cutting mat.
- Start with one of the largest leaf pieces and gently fold it in the center. Pinch each pointed end of the leaves to crease and shape the leaf.
- Slide the shaped leaf piece onto the wire.
- Secure leaf in place with a drop of hot glue on the bottom side.
- Continue this process moving from the larger leaf pieces down to the smaller pieces.
- Finish off your eucalyptus stem by curling the end of the wire with round nose pliers.
And that’s it! I love these pretty paper eucalyptus stems paired with my DIY paper chrysanthemums. 😍
Ready to grab your free cut files and get making?
Free Paper Eucalyptus SVG
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut file. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
Okay, my crafty friends. That’s it for today! Happy Making!
More Paper Crafts
You can make your own adorable birthday rosette badges with my free printables! All you need is a few minutes to print,
Learn how to make origami paper crowns! These step-by-step origami instructions will teach you the basics of making your own modular origami
Make your own St. Patrick’s Day glasses out of paper with this free SVG cut file and your Cricut or Silhouette machine!