Celebrate Mother Earth with a free “Love the Earth” SVG cut file! You can use this design with your electronic cutting machine to make all kinds of projects perfect for Earth Day. This post main contain affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you.
Today I am really excited to share a new free SVG cut file design with you all plus a whole collection of amazing designs from some of my design friends! This month our little SVG group decided to make a collection of cut files in honor of Earth Day! Make sure you catch all of the awesome designs at the end of this post.
I created this “love the earth” design that depicts the globe as the center of a flower. I have really been digging a 70’s aesthetic lately, and I was trying to channel my inner hippie with this design.
There are lots of different ways to use this design! I even used the cut file to create some watercolor art! Check out how I did that below.
How to Create Watercolor Art using an SVG Cut File
I wanted to try to create a watercolor version of this design, and so I decided to try something new! I have been thinking of a project like this for a while now, and I was really happy with how it turned out!
You can use this simple technique to turn any cut file you have into a piece of watercolor art! You can watch the video below or keep scrolling for written instructions.
- Open up your cut file in your cutting machine software.
- Put a pencil into your cutting machine using a pen adapter, place a piece of watercolor paper onto your cutting mat, and send the design to your machine to sketch. I used a mechanical pencil because it fit better in my pen holder. (If you are new to sketching, I have a beginner’s guide to sketching with your Silhouette here. If you are a Cricut user, check out Jen Goode’s guide to drawing with your Cricut here.)
- After your design is sketched out on your watercolor paper, use a small round brush to cover the areas you want to paint with a thin layer of water. Then add color into the washes. I like to let similar colors mix and swirl.
- I finished off the text part of my design using a brush tip marker for a more solid look.
- After the watercolor has dried, your piece is ready to frame, hang, and enjoy!
Okay, who’s ready to grab that free cut file?
“Love the Earth” Flower Free SVG Cut File
Before downloading your cut file, please pin the image above! Spreading the word about our free cut files helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This cut file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the link below, a ZIP file containing the SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut file will download. You will need to unzip the file before opening the cut files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
Want even more free beautiful Earth Day inspired designs? Good news! 👇
20 Free Earth Day SVG Cut Files
Ready for this months SVG Design Squad party?? I say this pretty much every month, but I am *really* loving the designs this month. There are just so many amazing Earth-loving cut files this month.
- 3D Earth Mandala – Gina C. Creates
- Happy Earth Day – Tam’s Sweet Life
- Happy Earth Day 2021 – Pen and Posh
- Mother Earth Day – Red Earth & Gum Trees
- In a World Where You Can Be Anything Be Kind – Crafty Life Mom
- Flowery Earth – Oh Yay Studio
- Plant Life – Liz on Call
- Earth Day Dirt Cups – Spot of Tea Designs
- Leave it better – The Walnut Street House
- Love Your Mother – Studio Xtine
- Layered Earth Day Sign – Maggie Rose Design Co
- Yours Mine Ours – Sunshine and Munchkins
- Love the Earth – Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- Go It’s Ya Earth Day – The Craft Print
- Nuture Nature – Crafting Overload
- Love the Earth – Simply Made Fun
- Earth Day Water Color – Poofy Cheeks
- I Am Not A Paper Cup – Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Earth Day Easel Card – The Bearded Housewife
- Floral Globe – Persia Lou
So many cute designs, right? Which one is your favorite? I’m really struggling to pick one, but I am thinking I need to make one of those gorgeous layered globe mandala designs. Amazing!
Happy Earth Day and Happy Making!
Get more free cut files:
[the_grid name=”Free Cut Files Footer”]