These free printable Christmas Cootie Catcher Joke Tellers are easy to make and fun to play with this holiday season! Just print, fold, and spread Christmas cheer! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site when you make purchases through those links, at no extra cost to you.
It’s time for another round of #totallyfreeprintables! This month my designer friends and I are sharing a cute collection of Santa-inspired printables to help you celebrate the holiday season!
I so enjoyed making the Thanksgiving Cootie Catchers I shared last month, I decided to keep the Cootie Catcher love going and this time around I am sharing a cute printable Christmas Joke Teller loaded with punny Santa jokes!
You won’t want to miss out on any of the other free printables from my friends, so be sure to scroll to the end of the post to find links for all of their fun designs.
But first, let’s talk about this Christmas Cootie Catcher!
How to Make Your Own Christmas Cootie Catcher Joke Teller
These little guys are are super easy to make. You just need to gather a few supplies before we get started.
Christmas Cootie Catcher Supplies:
- Letter Sized Copy Paper
- Color Printer (This is the printer I used)
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- My Free Printable (Available at the link below)
Step One. Print Joke Teller.
After you get the free printable from the link at the end of this post, you will want to print it out on letter sized white copy paper.
Step Two. Cut Out.
Cut around the outside edges of the joke teller. If you have a paper trimmer, it’s super easy to get nice clean edges, but scissors will work just fine too.
Step Three. Fold.
Next, it’s time to fold!
- Start by folding the cootie catcher in half both vertically and horizontally. Press to score and then unfold. This creates a crease at the center of the square.
- Then, with the printed side face down, line up each corner with the creased center point of the square and press to fold.
- After all four corners have been folded into the center, flip the cootie catcher over and repeat this process of folding each corner into the center point.
- Flip over again, and fold in half so you have two squares on each side. Slip your index finder and thumb into two of the flaps on either side.
Step Four. Tell Some Jokes!
When your Christmas Cootie Catcher is all folded, you are ready for some jokes! If you haven’t used a fortune/joke teller like this before, it’s super easy!
Here’s how to use your joke teller:
- Have a friend choose one of the four Christmas illustrations on the top square panels – Santa, present, tree, or stocking.
- Open and close the cootie catcher once for each letter in the word they chose, alternating which side you open with each letter.
- Next, have your friend choose one of the visible numbers.
- Repeat step two for the number chosen, opening and closing alternating sides of the joke teller for each number they chose.
- Again, have your friend choose a number.
- Open the flap and read the joke under the chosen number.
And that’s it! Easy peasy Christmas fun! Ready to get your free printable?
Free Printable Christmas Cootie Catcher
Before grabbing that printable, I would appreciate it if you pinned the image above to your Christmas Pinterest board. Spreading the word about our free printables helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This printable is free for personal use only. Please do not sell or redistribute in any way.
When you click the link below, the PDF file of the joke teller/cootie catcher will download. You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed on your device to open the PDF file.
If you love free printables, be sure to check out more of my free Christmas Printables below.
More Free Christmas Printables:
- Printable Christmas Tree Gift Boxes
- Printable Retro Christmas Sticker Gift Tags
- Printable Holly Jolly Gift Card Box
- Printable Black and White Hand Lettered Christmas Gift Tags
- Printable Ugly Sweater Christmas Treat Boxes
- Printable Colorful Hand Lettered Christmas Gift Tags
- Printable 3D Modern Christmas Trees
And find more Christmas craft ideas here!
Ready for even more Santa printables from my talented designer friends?
Free Santa Printables
Below you will find all kinds of adorable Santa printables – everything from ornaments to activity sheets to stationery to gift tags!
- Santa’s Nice List Certificate – Happiness is Homemade
- Printable Santa Ornaments – Kara Creates
- Santa Gift Tags – The Country Chic Cottage
- Santa Claus Letterhead – Tried & True Creative
- Santa Stop Here Door Hanger – Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Santa’s Reindeer Food Tags & Recipe – Everyday Party Magazine
- Santa Cootie Catcher Joke Teller – Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- Santa Mad Libs – Mad In Crafts
- Santa’s Beard Countdown – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Santa’s Workshop Word Search – Crafting in the Rain
- Santa and Christmas Gnomes Coloring Page – 100 Directions
- Santa’s Elves Activity Bundle – Hello Creative Family
- Santa i-Spy – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Santa Coloring Page – Creatively Beth
So many cute printables, right? Love them all!
That’s it for today! Happy Holidays and Happy Making!