Make an adorable Christmas Sweater treat box in just minutes with this free printable. These little boxes make perfect favors for your ugly sweater party! Or they are a great little stocking stuffer or gift for any one who could use a little holiday cheer. This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Guys! Last week was National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day! Did you know this was a thing? It totally is, and it is officially the third Friday of December, which was Friday, so I hope you all rocked your ugliest, tackiest, craziest Christmas sweaters.
And if not, don’t worry – it’s not too late to celebrate! I’ve got you covered with this super easy, super quick printable Christmas sweater treat boxes that you can print off and make right now!
If you are hosting an ugly sweater party this year, then you need to make these for your favors! Or if not, they are still the perfect little gift to share with neighbors and friends or to stuff in someone’s stocking. 🙂
The sweater design is fun and perfectly festive even if you didn’t specifically celebrate National Ugly Sweater day.
Ready to make some cute Christmas sweater treat boxes? Here we go!
Christmas Sweater Treat Box Supplies:
- White Cardstock
- Scissors (Or cut out the box pieces using your Silhouette’s print and cut feature.)
- Permanent Tape Runner, Glue Stick, or Double Sided Tape
- Small Hole Punch (1/4″ or 1/8″)
- Straight Edge
- Bone Folder and Scoring Board/Cutting Board
- 2 inch Circle Punch (optional)
- Yarn, Ribbon, or Twine
- My Printable Christmas Sweater Treat Boxes (Download the free printable at the end of this post.)
Start by printing out the boxes on nice white cardstock with a color printer. The free download includes the boxes in three colors with three matching tag options for each box. (Keep scrolling to the end of the post for the free download.)
Next, cut out the box and tags along the outside lines. The box is formed from two pieces that will be glued together. These Christmas sweater treat boxes are really easy to assemble once cut out.
- Score along the grey lines. A bone folder and scoring board are great for this, but I could not find my bone folder anywhere, so I improvised with a straight edge and knitting needle – it worked great!
- Fold along your scored lines.
- Apply your adhesive to the white tabs.
- Assemble the box by pressing the white tabs to the other piece to form the box shape. Start by making a tube, and then fold the bottom up and secure the bottom tabs in place.
Now your Christmas sweater treat box is assembled and ready to fill with those yummy Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates!
- Before filling, fold the top box flap over to the other side and punch two holes with your small hole punch through all three layers of cardstock. This will allow you to tie the box closed after it is filled.
- Fill up you box with delicious sweets!
- Tie the box closed with a piece of twine or I really like the look of a mini pom pom to finish it off – just kind of goes with the sweater theme, you know?
Finally, you can tie on one of the three tag options that come with the printable. There is a sweater design, “Merry Christmas,” and “May your sweaters be ugly & bright.” Just punch a hole in the tag, and loop through some thread to attach it to your box.
That’s it! Easy Peasy! And you are all ready to Celebrate with Hershey’s and spread that holiday sweetness around with the cutest little Ugly Sweater Day gift ever.
Ready to download your free printable Christmas sweater treat boxes?
Free Printable Christmas Sweater Treat Boxes
Before downloading, I would appreciate it if you pinned the image above. Spreading the word about our free printables helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This printable is free for personal use only. Please do not sell or redistribute in any way. If you want to share, please share a link.
When you click the link below, a PDF file containing the ugly sweater treat boxes will download. You need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open and print your gift boxes.
That’s it for today, friends! Happy holidays and Happy Making!
Check out more free printables: