This post brought to you by The Hershey Company. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Persia Lou.
Make an adorable Christmas Sweater treat box in just minutes with this free printable. These little boxes make perfect favors for your ugly sweater party! Or they are a great little stocking stuffer or gift for any one who could use a little holiday cheer.
Guys! Last week was National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day! Did you know this was a thing? It totally is, and it is officially the third Friday of December, which was Friday, so I hope you all rocked your ugliest, tackiest, craziest Christmas sweaters. And if not, don’t worry – it’s not too late to celebrate! I’ve got you covered with this super easy, super quick printable Christmas sweater treat boxes that you can print off and make right now!
If you are hosting an ugly sweater party this year, then you need to make these for your favors! Or if not, they are still the perfect little gift to share with neighbors and friends or to stuff in someone’s stocking. 🙂 The sweater design is fun and perfectly festive even if you didn’t specifically celebrate National Ugly Sweater day. My design was inspired by the cutest little Hershey’s Kisses Candies- the Hershey’s Kisses Kissmas Sweater Chocolates! Are they not the cutest?
I love that they are wrapped up in their own little Christmas sweaters! These cute little chocolates are sold exclusively at Walmart, so hurry over and go grab some to fill up your cute Christmas Sweater treat boxes. Ready to make some? Here we go!
Christmas Sweater Treat Box Supplies:
- White Cardstock
- Permanent Tape Roller, Glue Stick, or Double Sided Tape
- Small Hole Punch (1/4″ or 1/8″)
- Straight Edge
- Bone Folder and Scoring Board/Cutting Board
- 2 inch Circle Punch (optional)
- Yarn, Ribbon, or Twine
- My Printable Christmas Sweater Treat Box Download PDF (Free for Personal Use Only)
Start by printing out the boxes on nice white cardstock with a color printer. The free download includes the boxes in three colors with three matching tag options for each box.
Next, cut out the box and tags along the outside lines. The box is formed from two pieces that will be glued together. These Christmas sweater treat boxes are really easy to assemble once cut out.
- Score along the grey lines. A bone folder and scoring board are great for this, but I could not find my bone folder anywhere, so I improvised with a straight edge and knitting needle – it worked great!
- Fold along your scored lines.
- Apply your adhesive to the white tabs.
- Assemble the box by pressing the white tabs to the other piece to form the box shape. Start by making a tube, and then fold the bottom up and secure the bottom tabs in place.
Now your Christmas sweater treat box is assembled and ready to fill with those yummy Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates!
- Before filling, fold the top box flap over to the other side and punch two holes with your small hole punch through all three layers of cardstock. This will allow you to tie the box closed after it is filled.
- Fill up you box with delicious sweets!
- Tie the box closed with a piece of twine or I really like the look of a mini pom pom to finish it off – just kind of goes with the sweater theme, you know?
Finally, you can tie on one of the three tag options that come with the printable. There is a sweater design, “Merry Christmas,” and “May your sweaters be ugly & bright.” Just punch a hole in the tag, and loop through some thread to attach it to your box.
That’s it! Easy Peasy! And you are all ready to Celebrate with Hershey’s and spread that holiday sweetness around with the cutest little Ugly Sweater Day gift ever.
That’s it for today, friends! Happy holidays and Happy Making!