Make your own DIY welcome mat with this free “Yay! You’re here” SVG cut file and your Cricut or Silhouette machine. This post may contain affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase through one of our links.
I have a new SVG design to share with you all today, and I’m joining up with some cut file designer friends to bring you a whole collection of designs that you can use to make your own welcome mats! So fun, right?
With the weather warming into spring, I’m thinking more and more about updating and freshening up our outdoor spaces, and a fresh welcome mat is a great way to brighten up the porch!
I’m showing this design on a welcome mat, but I think it would also make a cute door decal or a fun welcome sign.
Make Your Own Stenciled Welcome Mat
First, you will need to gather up just a few supplies to make a DIY stenciled doormat.
How to Stencil a DIY Welcome Mat
- First start by cutting the design from adhesive vinyl. (If you are new to crafting with vinyl, be sure to check out my vinyl beginner’s guide.) You can use any adhesive vinyl for this project, but stencil vinyl is a little bit thicker and easier to work with when stenciling.
- After cutting the design from stencil vinyl, remove the positive portions of the design leaving the negative space, which is what you will use as the stencil.
- Next, move the vinyl stencil over to your doormat. This is when using stencil vinyl comes in handy because it’s easier to move over without transfer tape. Transferring the stencil is probably the trickiest part of this project because the vinyl doesn’t stick super well to the textured surface of the mat and it can be difficult to peel off the transfer tape. Once you get the vinyl stencil positioned on your mat, you can use a blow dryer to heat up the stencil a bit and help it stick to the surface.
- Finally, carefully paint inside the stencil making sure to not push the brush and paint under the edge of your stencil. When you have painting the entire design, remove the vinyl stencil, and you are all done!
Okay, ready to grab that free cut file?
Free “Yay! You’re Here” Welcome Mat SVG Cut File
Before grabbing your freebie, I would love it if you pinned the image above to a favorite Pinterest board. Spreading the word about our free SVG files helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the link below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut file. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
Free Welcome Mat SVG Cut Files
If you want to make a new doormat for your home, then you are in the right place! There are so many cute designs to choose from here!
- Hope You Texted First – Weekend Craft
- Come In We Are Awesome – Liz On Call
- Welcomeish – Homemade Heather
- The House Was Clean – Life Sew Savory
- Doorbell Broken – The Girl Creative
- No Soliciting – 30 Minute Crafts
- Home Welcome Mat – Try It Like It
- Smile You’re on Camera – Brooklyn Berry
- Home Sweet Home – Hello Creative Family
- Hello – Unoriginal Mom
- Welcome to Our Happy Place – Kara Creates
- No Need to Knock – Everyday Party Magazine
- Welcome to Our Home – We Can Make That
- Just So You Know – That’s What Che Said
- Yay You’re Here – Persia Lou
- Weiner Dog – Artsy Fartsy Mama
So, which design do you need to make for your front porch? That’s it for today!
Until next time, Happy Making!