These printable St. Patrick’s Day Cootie Catcher Joke Tellers are easy to make and a fun way to celebrate this March 17th! Just print, fold, and share the luck of the Irish!
It’s time for another free printable cootie catcher! This time I’m sharing a joke teller perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day loaded up with cute illustrations and silly jokes.
How to Make Your Own St. Patrick’s Day Cootie Catcher Joke Teller
These little joke tellers are are super easy to make! You will just need a few supplies to get started.
St. Patrick’s Day Cootie Catcher Supplies:
- Letter Sized Copy Paper
- Color Printer (This is the printer I used)
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- My Free Printable (Available at the link at the end of this post)
Step One. Print Joke Teller.
After you get the free printable from the link at the end of this post, you will want to print it out on letter sized white copy paper.
Step Two. Cut Out.
Cut around the outside edges of the joke teller and the envelope. I recommend using a paper trimmer if you have one, but scissors work just fine too!
Step Three. Fold the Cootie Catcher.
Next, it’s time to fold! For images showing how to fold the cootie catcher, check out this post.
- Start by folding the cootie catcher in half both vertically and horizontally. Press to score and then unfold. This creates a crease at the center of the square.
- Then, with the printed side face down, line up each corner with the creased center point of the square and press to fold.
- After all four corners have been folded into the center, flip the cootie catcher over and repeat this process of folding each corner into the center point.
- Flip over again, and fold in half so you have two squares on each side. Slip your index finder and thumb into two of the flaps on either side.
Step Five. Tell Some Jokes!
When your cootie catcher is all folded, you are ready for some St. Patrick’s Day jokes! If you haven’t used a fortune/joke teller like this before, it’s super easy!
Here’s how to use your joke teller:
- Have a friend choose one of the four illustrations on the top square panels – shamrock, rainbow, lucky, or gold.
- Open and close the cootie catcher once for each letter in the word they chose, alternating which side you open with each letter.
- Next, have your friend choose one of the visible numbers.
- Repeat step two for the number chosen, opening and closing alternating sides of the joke teller for each number they chose.
- Again, have your friend choose a number.
- Open the flap and read the joke under the chosen number.
That’s it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Okay, ready to get your free printable?
Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Cootie Catcher Joke Teller
Before grabbing that printable, I would appreciate it if you pinned the image above to one of your Pinterest board’s. Spreading the word about our free printables helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This printable is free for personal use only. Please do not sell or redistribute in any way.
When you click the link below, the PDF file of the joke teller/cootie catcher will download. You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed on your device to open the PDF file.
Looking for more free St. Patrick’s Day Printables? Check out all these awesome printables from my blogger friends.
More Free St. Patrick’s Day Printables
- St. Patrick’s Day Four in a Row from Kara Creates
- St. Patrick’s Day Cootie Catcher from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- St. Patrick’s Day Banner from Makeable Crafts
- Lucky Charm Bingo from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Saint Patrick’s Day Printable Decor from Lemon Thistle
- Luck O’ the Irish Coloring Page from Team Creative Crafts
- What’s Your Leprechaun Name? from Creatively Beth
- St. Patrick’s Day Candy Bar Wrap and Gift Tag from Michelle James Designs
- Roll a Rainbow Game from Laura Kelly Designs
- St. Patrick’s Day Printable Gift Box from Tried & True Creative
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game from Laura’s Crafty Life
- Pot of Gold Printable Treat Bag Topper from The Crafty Blog Stalker
- St. Patrick’s Day Color by Number from Homemade Heather
- St. Patrick’s Day Activity Book from The Girl Creative
- Historical Clover Card Ephemera from Try It – Like It – Create It
- St. Patty’s Banner from inkhappi
- Leprechaun Bait Recipe with Free Printable from Our Crafty Mom
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt Cards from Brooklyn Berry Designs
That’s it for today! Happy St. Patrick’s Day and Happy Making!
More Free Printable Cootie Catchers
Valentine Cootie Catcher/Joke Teller Free Printable
These printable Valentine’s Day Cootie Catcher Joke Tellers are easy to make and are a sweet non-candy Valentine’s Day treat! Just print,
Free Printable Thanksgiving Cootie Catcher / Joke Teller
You can make your own Thanksgiving Cootie Catcher / Joke Teller in minutes with this free printable! I was kind of obsessed
Free Printable Christmas Cootie Catcher / Joke Teller
These free printable Christmas Cootie Catcher Joke Tellers are easy to make and fun to play with this holiday season! Just print,
Comments + Project Love
This is adorable! I was looking for some cute little projects for my kids and this will be fun to make for sure! Thank you for sharing