These printable Valentine’s Day Cootie Catcher Joke Tellers are easy to make and are a sweet non-candy Valentine’s Day treat! Just print, fold, and share the love!
I have a new Cootie Catcher printable to share with you today! This time I made a Valentine’s Day design that comes loaded up with punny jokes and a cute envelope to match so you can give a cootie catcher as a little non-candy Valentine treat!
How to Make Your Own Valentine Cootie Catcher / Joke Teller
These little guys are are super easy to make. You just need to gather a few supplies before we get started.
Valentine Cootie Catcher Supplies:
- Letter Sized Copy Paper
- Color Printer (This is the printer I used)
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Double-sided Tape
- My Free Printable (Available at the link below)
Step One. Print Cootie Catcher.
After you get the free printable from the link at the end of this post, you will want to print it out on letter sized white copy paper.
Step Two. Cut Out.
Cut around the outside edges of the joke teller and the envelope. I recommend using a paper trimmer for the cootie catcher if you have one, but scissors work just fine too!
Step Three. Fold the Cootie Catcher.
Next, it’s time to fold!
- Start by folding the cootie catcher in half both vertically and horizontally. Press to score and then unfold. This creates a crease at the center of the square.
- Then, with the printed side face down, line up each corner with the creased center point of the square and press to fold.
- After all four corners have been folded into the center, flip the cootie catcher over and repeat this process of folding each corner into the center point.
- Flip over again, and fold in half so you have two squares on each side. Slip your index finder and thumb into two of the flaps on either side.
Step Four. Make the Envelope.
To make the envelope, fold along the light gray lines and use the double-sided tape to attach the bottom flap to the side flaps.
The envelope is sized to fit the folded cootie catcher so you can gift them easily or use them as classroom valentines!
Step Five. Tell Some Jokes!
When your Valentine’s Day Cootie Catcher is all folded, you are ready for some jokes! If you haven’t used a fortune/joke teller like this before, it’s super easy!
Here’s how to use your joke teller:
- Have a friend choose one of the four illustrations on the top square panels – rose, cupcake, letter, or candy.
- Open and close the cootie catcher once for each letter in the word they chose, alternating which side you open with each letter.
- Next, have your friend choose one of the visible numbers.
- Repeat step two for the number chosen, opening and closing alternating sides of the joke teller for each number they chose.
- Again, have your friend choose a number.
- Open the flap and read the joke under the chosen number.
And that’s it! Easy peasy fun! Ready to get your free printable?
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cootie Catcher & Envelope
Before grabbing that printable, I would appreciate it if you pinned the image above to one of your Pinterest board’s. Spreading the word about our free printables helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This printable is free for personal use only. Please do not sell or redistribute in any way.
When you click the link below, the PDF file of the joke teller/cootie catcher will download. You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed on your device to open the PDF file.
That’s it for today! Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Making!
More Free Valentine’s Day Printables
“Wild About You” Leopard Print Cards + More Free Valentine’s Printables
Download my free leopard print “Wild about You” Valentine’s Day cards and printables to give to your Valentine this year! This post
Free Printable Valentine Cards with Heart Glasses
These free printable Valentine cards are a great last minute gift idea for Valentine’s Day! Just print and assemble these adorable heart
Free Printable Lip Valentines – Cute Non-Candy Treat
Download these free printable lip valentines for an adorable and easy valentine card idea. These cards make a great non-candy option for
Comments + Project Love
I had these growing up and now I’m making them for my granddaughters. Yous are socidorable! Definitely appreciate you doing this for us!! Thank you!! Fondly ginger