Use this free Frankenstein SVG cut file with your Cricut or Silhouette to make your own Halloween and monster crafts!
I have a new free SVG design to share with you all today. This month my SVG Designer friends and I are sharing monster SVGs, and I decided to create my own take on Frankenstein’s monster!
My Frankenstein design is more cute than creepy, and he is perfect for creating all kinds of projects this Halloween.
Let’s use it to make a cute tote bag, shall we? (P.S. If you are new to working with heat transfer or iron on vinyl, don’t miss my beginner’s guide!)
- Blank Tote Bag
- Heat Transfer Vinyl in 4 Colors (Black, White, Green, and Gray)
- Parchment Paper
- My Free Frankenstein SVG (Grab it from the link at the end of this post)
- Cricut, Silhouette, or Other Cutting Machine
- Weeding Hook
- Iron, Cricut Easy Press, or Heat Press
- Open the Frankenstein cut file in your cutting machine software. Scale the design to fit on your tote bag and then mirror the design. (If you are new to working with heat transfer vinyl, be sure to read my beginner's guide here.)
- Cut the different colored sections from corresponding colors of iron on vinyl.
- Remove the excess vinyl from around each layer of the design using your weeding hook.
- Iron on each layer beginning with black. Remove the carrier sheet before applying the next layer. Be sure to cover your design with parchment paper as you iron on the subsequent layers.
Ready to grab that freebie?
Free Frankenstein SVG
When you click the button below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the designs. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
And if you want more monster themed cut files, don’t miss all the other free cut files from my designer friends.
More Free Monster SVGs
- Witch Lollipop Holder from Gina C. Creates
- Hey Boo Pumpkin Monster from Simple Made Pretty
- You Can’t Scare Me from Tried & True Creative
- Let’s Go Ghouls from The Walnut Street House
- Four Trick or Treat Bags from Kiy’s Craftroom
- Monster Suckers from The Quiet Grove
- Candy’s for Kids from Liz on Call
- Three Eyed Monster from Crafting Overload
- Momster SVG from Abbi Kirsten Collections
- Little Monster Side Edge Card from The Bearded Housewife
- Witches Hat Box from Dinosaur Mama SVG
- Monster Mash from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Jack O Lantern Handle Box from Dinosaur Mama SVG
- Spooky Vibes from The Denver Housewife
- Frankenstein SVG from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- Candy Monster from Crafty Life Mom
- Boo Crew from The Denver Housewife
- Mom of Monsters and Mom’s Monster from Sunshine and Munchkins
- Mommy’s Little Monster from Color Me Crafty
- Cupcake Topper Bats from Craftara Creates
That’s it for today. Happy Halloween and Happy Making!
More Halloween SVGs
Use these free cute ghost SVG cut files with your Cricut or Silhouette machine to make all kinds of adorable Halloween projects!
Download my free Amuck Amuck Amuck SVG cut file and make your own magical Hocus Pocus inspired crafts this Halloween! This post
I have a fun little Haunted Mansion inspired Halloween craft to share with you all today – a simple no-carve pumpkin craft!