Grab this free hand lettered “Land that I Love” cut file design to celebrate the Fourth of July. You can use this SVG design with your Silhouette or Cricut machine to make your own patriotic gear this summer. This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you.
Hello, friends! The Fourth of July is somehow just around the corner, and today I’m teaming up with some of my designer friends to bring you some free USA themed SVG cut files to celebrate.
This design is actually a design I hand lettered five whole years ago for a foiled July 4th party decor post. I have been meaning to convert this design to a cut file for a while now, and it’s finally done!
You can download the free SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of this design at the end of this post.
DIY Patriotic Floral Baseball Cap
I used the design to make myself a little floral patterned hat! (I love patterned vinyl and have a whole post all about creative ideas for patterned vinyl that you can check out here.)
It’s super easy to make your own patriotic hat with heat transfer vinyl and my free cut file design, and I will walk you through the steps!
First, take a minute to gather up your supplies. Here’s everything you will need.
DIY Patriotic Cap Supplies:
- Blank Baseball Cap
- Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, or other Cutting Machine
- Weeding Hook
- Floral Patterned Heat Transfer Vinyl (or check out my other favorite red, white, and blue patterned vinyls below)
- Smooth Red HTV
- Cricut Easy Press Mini or Small Craft Iron
- Ironing Paper or Parchment Paper
- My Free Cut File (Download at the end of this post.)
How to Make Your Patriotic Cap
I will go through the basic steps of making your own cap below, but if you are new to working with heat transfer vinyl, be sure to check out my detailed beginner’s guide to HTV right here.
- Download the cut file from the link at the end of this post and open it in your cutting machine software.
- Scale the image to fit on your baseball cap. (Read more about scaling and positioning HTV projects here.)
- Mirror (flip horizontally) the design.
- Cut both layers of the design from your heat transfer vinyl.
- Weed out the excess vinyl from around the design.
- Position the first layer of the design on the front of the cap and use the mini iron to adhere it to the cap. I recommend using a small pillow or something inside the cap to help you get more pressure while ironing.
- Remove the clear carrier sheet, position the second layer of vinyl, and iron that in place, covering the design with your parchment paper if necessary to protect the first layer. Be sure to not place your iron directly onto any vinyl as it will melt.
- Peel off the second layer’s carrier sheet, and you are all done!
I love the way the floral vinyl looks on my cap, but any of these cute red, white, and blue patterned vinyls would look great too!
Favorite Red & Blue Patterned Vinyls
I made a little collection of some of my favorite red, white, and blue patterned vinyls, to give you some ideas. If you are looking for fun new vinyl, be sure to check my favorite vinyl shops in this post.
- Stars & Stripes Patterned HTV – Expressions Vinyl
- Red, White, and Blue Leopard Print – AquariusInk
- Red Bandana Print HTV – Happy Crafters
- Patriotic Floral HTV – Happy Crafters
- USA Tie Dye HTV – Happy Crafters
- Indigo Tie Dye HTV – Expressions Vinyl
- Grand Old Flag – Happy Crafters
- Navy Blue Bandana – Breeze Print Company
- Brush Strokes Red – Expressions Vinyl
- Red, White, & Blue Floral – Vinyl Hangout Designs
- Fourth of July Flag – Expressions Vinyl
- Bloom Blue Iron On – Cricut
They are all so cute that it’s hard to pick a favorite, but I am really into those tie dye and bandana patterns. ❤️💙❤️
Okay! Ready to get your free cut files??
Free Land that I Love SVG Cut File
Before downloading, please pin the image above! Spreading the word about our free cut files helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This cut file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the link below, a ZIP file containing the SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the cut files will download. You will need to unzip the file before opening the cut files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
DOWNLOAD THE LAND THAT I LOVE SVG CUT FILE
Want even more Fourth of July cut files? Check out these designs from my designer friends!
Free Fourth of July SVG Cut Files
Choose your favorite July Fourth cut file from the collection below!
- Merica Sunglasses – Pen + Posh
- America – Maggie Rose Design Co
- USA Firework – Lemony Fizz
- United States Flag – Liz on Call
- Time to Sparkle and Shine – Red Earth & Gum Trees
- United States Sunflower – Gina C. Creates
- Land that I Love – Persia Lou (You’re Here!)
- America the Beautiful – Special Heart Studio
That’s it for today, friends! If you make something using my design, then I would love to see it! Please share your pics to my facebook page or tag me on instagram. 🙂
Happy Fourth and Happy Making!
[the_grid name=”Free Cut Files Footer”]
Let's Chit Chat!