Send congratulations to the grad in your life with this free graduation card SVG cut file and your Cricut or Silhouette machine! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase through one of our links. Thanks!
I have been really enjoying warmer and sunnier days as we ease into spring and move towards summer. There are so many things to look forward to with the approach of summer, not the least of which is graduation!
If you have loved ones graduation this year – from high school, kindergarten, college, or whatever – then my SVG designer friends and I have a whole collection of new graduation themed SVGs to share with you today!
For my contribution to the collection, I created a papercut card design because I just love papercut designs and I especially love how easy they are to make with my Silhouette or Cricut!
Want to learn how to make your own papercut graduation cards with this freebie?
DIY Papercut Graduation Card
This project comes together super quickly with an electronic craft cutter like a Cricut or a Silhouette. The free cut file, which you can download from the link at the end of this post, contains both a folded version (that’s what you see in the photos) and a flat version of the card.
I put together a little video showing you how to make your own cute glasses, which you can watch below, or keep scrolling for written instructions. (If you don’t see a video below, it may be because of an ad blocker.)
How to Make a Congrats Grad Papercut Card
Make a detailed papercut "Congrats Grad" card easily with your Cricut or Silhouette and this free graduation card SVG cut file.
- Colored Cardstock
- Glitter or Metallic Cardstock
- Spray Adhesive or Permanent Adhesive
- A7 Envelope
- My Free Graduation Card SVG
- Cricut, Silhouette, or Brother Scan N Cut
- Needlepoint Tweezers
- Cut out the card design from a piece of colored cardstock using your electronic craft cutter.
- Carefully remove the card from your cutting mat. I like to flip the mat over and bend the mat away.
- Use tweezers to remove any small pieces of paper remaining.
- Fold the card along the perforated line.
- Cut a piece of glitter or metallic cardstock to 4.5" x 6.5".
- Apply spray adhesive (or other permanent adhesive) to the back of the cut design on the front of the card. Be sure to cover your work surface if using spray adhesive. This can be messy!
- Position the piece of metallic or glitter cardstock you cut on the back of the cut front design. Hold in place as the adhesive cures.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ready to grab that free cut file?
Free Graduation Card SVG Cut File
Before grabbing your freebie, I would love it if you pinned the image above to a favorite Pinterest board. Spreading the word about our free SVG files helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the link below, you will get a ZIP file containing SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG versions of the both the folded and flat card versions of the design. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
Who wants more fun graduation cut files??
Free Graduation SVG Cut Files
- Grad Cap from Me and My Inklings
- Class of 2022 from Studio Xtine
- You Did It! from Liz on Call
- I Understood the Assignment from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Class of 22 Cupcake Picks from Spot of Tea Designs
- Congrats Grad Card from Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- The tassel was worth the hassle from Crafty Life Mom
- Graduation Slider Cards from The Bearded Housewife
- Dad of the Grad from Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Graduate Class of 2022 from Tried and True Creative
- Senior Vibes from The Walnut Street House
- Graduation Hat Cake Topper from Crafting Overload
- And so the adventure begins from Lettered by Stephanie
- Congrats flower pick from Craftara Creates
- Congrats Grad Money Sleeve from Gina C. Creates
- Class of 2022 from Simply Made Fun
- Proud Graduate from My Designs in the Chaos
- Hey Look Ma, I Made It from Sunshine and Munchkins
That’s it for today! Happy Making!
Comments + Project Love