Create your own cute fall crafts with this free Thanksgiving SVG cut file! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site.
I have had a cold for what feels like forever now. It’s really only been about two weeks, but as far as I’m concerned that is long enough. These past couple weeks, one thing that has been a treat for my sore throat is a nice cup of tea (this one is my latest favorite), and drinking it out of a special mug makes it even better. I love making mugs, and wanted to share a new design with you all today that’s perfect for fall and a season of gratitude.
Thanksgiving SVG Cut File
I used my ipad pro and apple pencil to create this little hand lettered thanksgiving cut file design, and it’s not just for making mugs! You can use the design to create signs, tags, or anything else you can think of.
So many ways to put this little guy to use! I also just thought it would make a pretty adorable gratitude journal applied to a front of a leather notebook like I did here. If you want to use the cut file to create your own mug, here’s everything you will need.
DIY Thankful Mug Supplies:
- Blank Mug
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl (I used Bronze Luster Vinyl)
- Silhouette Cameo or other electronic cutter
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Application Tool
- Thankful for You Cut File (Cut files are free for personal use ONLY. You can purchase a commercial use license HERE. Click to HERE to download the SVG, PNG, and DXF files in a ZIP file.)
How to Make A DIY Thankful Mug
I have a detailed, step-by-step tutorial all about making mugs with vinyl that I recommend you check out right HERE. Here are the basic steps:
- Cut design from vinyl using your Silhouette or Cricut.
- Remove excess vinyl from backing using your weeding hook.
- Apply transfer tape to the top of your decal and remove from backing.
- Place decal on mug, smooth out from the center, and burnish decal onto mug using your application tool.
That’s it! All that’s left to do is sip and enjoy!
Don’t miss these other awesome Thanksgiving cut files!
- Thanks and Giving from Liz on Call
- Count your blessings from A girl and a glue gun
- Family from 100 directions
- Be full of Thanks and Giving from Tried and True
- Thankful for you from Persia Lou
Check out more of my free SVG cut files here:
[the_grid name=”Free Cut Files Footer”]
Comments + Project Love
I so love how vinyl crafting can take the ‘everyday’ object and elevate it to something that makes your heart and soul happy! I really love the font you have with this one and the gold make the cup so pretty and super elegant!! Simple but stunning!
you can do some cool stuff with these cut files. It reminds me of the woodworking die cuts. Cool stuff, and you can make a bunch of gifts that are better than something you just go out and buy.
Candace J says
Thanks for the cute cut file!
May I ask what app you use to do you hand lettering? I have been wanting to give it a try! 🙂
Hi Candace! Yes! I use and totally recommend the Procreate app.
Jeannette Bassendowski says
Hi, I’m interested in trying this project out. Just wondering if you have done the dishwasher and microwave tests on the mug once it was completed?
Would love to here your feedback.
I put my mugs in the dishwasher all the time (because I am lazy – ha!). I would say that out of dozens of mugs I have done, after several washes in the dishwasher I have had one or two mugs with smaller, more intricate designs that have had pieces of vinyl come off or move. So most of the time, I don’t have a problem with it, but if you are concerned about it, then I recommend hand washing. I hope that helps!
Sam Baker says
this is just beautiful, what a lovely gift idea for someone you love and the font you used is perfect! loving it!
Mary A Latuska says
how do I download the design