Create your own cute fall crafts with this free Thanksgiving SVG cut file! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site.
I have had a cold for what feels like forever now. It’s really only been about two weeks, but as far as I’m concerned that is long enough. These past couple weeks, one thing that has been a treat for my sore throat is a nice cup of tea (this one is my latest favorite), and drinking it out of a special mug makes it even better. I love making mugs, and wanted to share a new design with you all today that’s perfect for fall and a season of gratitude.
Thanksgiving SVG Cut File
I used my ipad pro and apple pencil to create this little hand lettered thanksgiving cut file design, and it’s not just for making mugs! You can use the design to create signs, tags, or anything else you can think of.
So many ways to put this little guy to use! I also just thought it would make a pretty adorable gratitude journal applied to a front of a leather notebook like I did here. If you want to use the cut file to create your own mug, here’s everything you will need.
DIY Thankful Mug Supplies:
- Blank Mug
- Permanent Adhesive Vinyl (I used Bronze Luster Vinyl)
- Silhouette Cameo or other electronic cutter
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Application Tool
- Thankful for You Cut File – Download the SVG, Studio, or PNG file (Please note – this file is free for personal use only.)
How to Make A DIY Thankful Mug
I have a detailed, step-by-step tutorial all about making mugs with vinyl that I recommend you check out right HERE. Here are the basic steps:
- Cut design from vinyl using your Silhouette or Cricut.
- Remove excess vinyl from backing using your weeding hook.
- Apply transfer tape to the top of your decal and remove from backing.
- Place decal on mug, smooth out from the center, and burnish decal onto mug using your application tool.
That’s it! All that’s left to do is sip and enjoy!
Don’t miss these other awesome Thanksgiving cut files!
- Thanks and Giving from Liz on Call
- Count your blessings from A girl and a glue gun
- Family from 100 directions
- Be full of Thanks and Giving from Tried and True
- Thankful for you from Persia Lou