You can use this free Happy Birthday Single Line/Sketch SVG file to create birthday foil quill or sketch projects with your Silhouette, Cricut, or Brother machine. Plus get 19 more free birthday cut files to make someone’s special day extra special! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you.
I have a new free SVG file to share with you all today! This one is a little bit different than some of my other free cut files, because it’s really designed to be a sketch or foil quill file instead of a cut file.
I’m a big fan of using my Silhouette and Cricut machines as sketching or drawing machines, and this file is designed specifically to be used in that way because it is made up of just one single line.
This design will work perfectly with a sketch pen or foil quill loaded into your electronic cutting machine.
Want to learn how to sketch with your Silhouette machine? Start with my beginner’s guide to sketching with your Silhouette here.
I used this design to make a simple foiled birthday card, but you could use the design on a gift tag, sticker, or any other project you like!
In addition to my Happy Birthday Cake Sketch SVG, you can find 19 more free birthday SVG cut files to download at the end of this post!
DIY Happy Birthday Foil Quill Card
This project is super simple. You can have a beautifully foiled card in just minutes! Here’s how to make your own:
- Start by opening the sketch/foil quill card design in your cutting machine software. Scale the design to fit on the front of your card and position it on your cutting mat where you want your machine to draw and cut the design.
- Plug the foil quill into a usb outlet and allow it to warm up for at least five minutes. I used the medium foil quill tip for my card.
- Place your cardstock on your cutting mat, and then use washi tape to position a piece of foil where the machine will draw the Happy Birthday cake design.
- Put the foil quill into your machine using the appropriate foil quill adapter for your machine (if you are using a Cameo 4, check out this post for tips on using the foil quill with that machine).
- In your design software, send the foil quill portion of the design to the machine to sketch/draw.
- Without unloading your mat, replace the foil quill with a standard cutting blade, carefully remove the foil from the cardstock, and send the card cut lines to cut.
- Remove the card from your cutting mat and fold it in half.
Ready to grab that free sketch/foil quill file?
Free Happy Birthday Single Line / Sketch / Foil Quill SVG Design
Before grabbing your freebie, please pin the image above! Spreading the word about our free SVG files helps to keep them free! 🙂
Please Note: This file is free for personal use only (making things for yourself or as gifts). If you would like to use these designs for products you make and sell, you can purchase a limited commercial use license in my shop HERE.
When you click the link below, you will get a ZIP file containing two versions of the design – one with just the single line/sketch design and another with built-in cut lines to make a card. The zip includes SVG, DXF, EPS, and PNG file types. You will need to unzip the file before opening the individual files in your cutting machine software.
Note for Silhouette Users: Remember that you need the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to open SVG files! You can open the DXF and PNG versions of the design with the basic edition of Silhouette Studio. Read more about working with different file types and your Silhouette.
Looking for more birthday project ideas? Don’t miss all of the super cute birthday svg cut files from my designer friends below!
Free Birthday SVG Cut Files
- Birthday Girl + Birthday Boy by Kayla Makes
- Cupcake Gift Card Holder by Gina C. Creates
- Cactus Cupcake Topper by Amy Robison
- Birthday Wishes by Liz on Call
- It’s My Birthday by Tried & True Creative
- Happy Birthday Cake Topper by Crafting Overload
- Here for the Cake by Sunshine and Munchkins
- Birthday Cake Paper Box by Oh Yay Studio
- Birthday Emoji Mini Pinata by Studio Xtine
- Happy Birthday Print and Cut Card by Crafty Life Mom
- Calories Don’t Count on Your Birthday by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Multi-Colored Birthday Card by The Bearded Housewife
- Happy Birthday Cake Sketch/ Foil Quill Design by Persia Lou (You’re here!)
- Birthday Unicorn by Spot of Tea Designs
- Wish Big by Lettered by Stephanie
- Gift Tag Shaker by Craftara Creates
- Birthday Hat by Me and My Inklings
- Birthday Wine Glasses by Pen + Posh
- Made in the 80’s by Simply Made Fun
- Happy Birthday Topper by Poofy Cheeks
Okay! That’s it for today. Happy Making!