Learn how to Make Text Look Like the Lego Logo. I will walk you through the steps of turning your kid’s name or whatever you like into a lego lookalike.
Welcome to Persia Lou! If you are new here, you may want to sign up for my newsletter to keep up to date on new posts.
Fun, right? The font is great, but to Make Text Look Like the Lego Logo, you need to go through a few more steps than just type it into your word processor. I have laid out the basic steps for you, in case you need help getting the same look.
I used the free photo editing software GIMP, but you should be able to follow the same basic steps in other photo editing software. I will try to walk you through all of the steps, but having some experience in using photo editing software is definitely helpful.
How to Make Text Look Like the Lego Logo:
1. Use the text tool to type out your text. The font color should be black and you should type in all caps.
2. Adjust the space between the letters (kerning) until the letters are touching.
3. Select the text using the color select or magic want select tool.
4. Grow (or expand) the selection by the desired number of pixels to create an outline around your text.
5. Fill this new selection with yellow.
6. Select None or Deselect.
7. Add a new transparent layer beneath the text layer.
8. Draw a rectangle with rounded corners on this new layer you created.
9. Fill your rectangle with red.
10. Finally, fill in the center of the text with white.
I hope that helped you Make Text Look Like the Lego Logo!
If you like this post, you may also like: