Crochet your own unique afghan with the Blog Hop Crochet Along! Make 20 unique afghan squares using free crochet patterns. This post contains affiliate links that help to support this site at no extra cost to you. Lion Brand provided the yarn for this crochet along.
I am super duper excited to be sharing a project I have been working on for the past couple of months with you all today!
Starting October 27, I will be teaming up with nine of my favorite crochet bloggers to bring you all a really exciting new Crochet Along! Yaaaaaaay!
Here’s how it is going to work:
- Every day (M-F) a new square pattern will be posted on one of our ten blogs.
- You can join in the fun by crocheting each day’s square. (You don’t have to make it on that day – do it whenever you have time!)
- Share your progress and post photos of your squares in our facebook group.
- By the end of the Crochet Along you will have twenty 12″ squares all ready to be pieced together into a beautiful afghan just in time for the holiday season!
- We will be hosting a fabulous giveaway starting November 21. You could win Lion Brand yarn to make your own afghan, $100 CASH money, OR our COMPLETED AFGHAN! That’s right, I am going to be piecing all of our squares together and shipping it out to one very lucky winner. Woot!
Sounds like fun, right? Here’s what to do:
- Bookmark or pin this page so you don’t lose it! At the end of this post you will find links to all of the crochet patterns.
- Gather your materials! You will need about 60 oz. of worsted weight yarn and a size J (6.0 mm) hook. That would be 20 balls of the Lion’s Brand Wool Ease that we used.
I hope you will join us because I think this is really going to be a lot of fun! Here’s just a little taste of the fun squares that will be coming your way:
Exciting, right? You can find links for all of the squares below.
UPDATE (July 2022): Some of the original squares used in this blog hop are no long available on their original host blogs. I have updated the list below with the links for the squares I could locate. To fill in the spots for the patterns that are no longer available, you can use any 12″ afghan square pattern that uses worsted weight yarn. You can find more 12 inch afghan square patterns here or search on Pinterest or Ravelry. Happy Crocheting!
18 Free Afghan Square Patterns for the Blog Hop Crochet Along:
- Framed Hexagon Crochet Afghan Square by Persia Lou
- Aztec Stripes Afghan Square by Whistle & Ivy
- Bobble Stitch Afghan Square by One Dog Woof
- Color Block Afghan Square by Whistle & Ivy
- Flower Garden Granny Square by Maybe Matilda
- Ripple Chevron Afghan Square by One Dog Woof
- Alpine Steps Afghan Square by Fiber Flux
- Easy Cluster Square by Loopsan
- Southwestern Blanket Square by Persia Lou
- Floral Kaleidoscope Square by Gleeful Things
- Wildflower Granny Square by Yarn + Chai
- Spike Stripes Square by Fiber Flux
- Puffed Flower Square by Maybe Matilda
- Water Lily Square by Hopeful Honey
- Meadow Square by Hopeful Honey
- Wildflower Square 2 by Yarn + Chai
- Winter Flower Square by Loopsan
- Flowers in the Window Square by Gleeful Things
Comments + Project Love
Olivia Kent says
SO excited to be a part of this crochet along! 🙂