Make your own DIY marbled ornaments in your favorite colors to customize your Christmas tree this year. These ornaments are really easy and a lot of fun to make. Thank you to DecoArts for sponsoring this post, which also contains affiliate links that help to support this blog. Thank you!
Today I have a really fun and simple Christmas project for you guys – DIY marbled ornaments. I made these on my own, but I am going to get another couple boxes of plastic ornaments and make more with my kids. I know they will love this project, and the best part is that it is easy enough to do with the kids but you still get gorgeous results.
I mean, how pretty are those? Just love these things- they have a gorgeous glossy finish with a pretty marbled, swirled look.
DIY Marbled Ornaments Supplies
- Clear Glass or Plastic Ornaments (I used plastic because I have three kids, and I have to say they still look great)
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint
- Paper Towels
This process is really easy, but you do not have complete control over how your finished ornament is going to look. The paint kind of has a mind of it’s own, so try to let just go and just see where it ends up. You can do it! 🙂 Make sure you get a lot of clear ornaments because this is a lot of fun, and I have a feeling you are going to want to try lots of paint combinations.
DIY Marbled Ornaments
- Remove cap from your ornament.
- Squeeze acrylic paint around the outside of the ornament. Try alternating two or three colors. You want a good amount of paint for it to swirl and mix well.
- Cover the opening with a paper towel, and shake the ornament around to swirl it together and cover the entire surface.
- Pour out the excess paint and allow the ornament to dry with the cap off.
- When the ornament is dry, replace the cap and thread a piece of ribbon through the top.
That’s it! I found that the paint really mixes a lot, so liked using similar or analogous colors. For the most part, I stuck with blues, white, silver, and gray. The silver paint created a really beautiful effect in the finished ornaments.
Have you guys ever tried filling ornaments with paint before? I love how easy it is to get the exact colors that you want for your tree. I’m still figuring out what I’m doing with my tree this year, but I really loved my pink tree last year, so I will probably keep a lot of that. I’m thinking I will probably need some more DIY marbled ornaments in pink for that. 😉
If you liked this post, you may like these too: