Psst… Alexis here. I just had to sneak in to say I am so excited for our first guest post of the Handmade Holiday series! And guys, it’s a good one! Without further ado, take it away, Corey!
Well hello there! I’m Corey and I blog over at TinySidekick and I’m so excited to be a part of Persia Lou’s Handmade Holiday series! So today I’m going to show you how to make this simple Christmas Card Holder.
You will need:
- Three 1 1/2 inch wide by 1/4 inch thick pieces of wood (I found mine in the trim section of Home Depot.) 1 cut to 36 inches long and 2 cut to 54 inches long.
- Paint and a brush (I used left over white baseboard paint)
- Three screws
- 16 guage steel galvanized wire (found in Home Depot in the same isle as the picture hanging supplies)
- Some small clothes pins that I found at a craft store
- Tools: pliers, a drill, and a staple gun.
Once they are dry, lay them out in a large triangle (tree) shape having one board on top of the other. Predrill a hole for your screw and then attach with a screw that is long enough to go through the first board, and into the second board without going all the way through it.