Join me Fridays at 11:30 Pacific Time on the Persia Lou Facebook Page for Live Crafty Fun!
This is the page for finding all the products I used in Friday Craft Club. This page contains affiliate links, which allow me to earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Psst… Keep Scrolling for Older Craft Clubs!
6/15/18 – Custom Stamps with the Silhouette Mint
Today we made some custom stamps with the awesome stamp printing machine, the Mint! Check out a beginner’s guide to the Mint HERE.
Until June 15 ONLY – Get an awesome Silhouette Mint Bundle (includes all ink colors and stamp sizes) for 45% off with the code PERSIA. Get the bundle HERE!
- The Silhouette Mint Stamp Maker
- Mint Stamp Kits (available on Amazon, but usually for a better price on Silhouette America, use the code 10OFF for 10% off)
- Mint Inks (similarly, available on Amazon, but seem to be a bit more affordable through Silhouette America, code 10OFF for 10% discount)
4/27/18 – Embroidered Photo Canvases for Mother’s Day!
Today we put reverse canvas together with printable iron-on and embroidery for a super cute, personalized Mother’s Day gift idea! Here’s the link to Kim’s reverse canvas tutorial. And you can find the cute heart embroidered photo by the Pretty Life Girls that I mentioned.
- Blank Canvases (get the cheap ones that come in a pack!)
- Craft Knife
- Printable Iron On Heat Transfer for Dark Fabrics (The only place I could find the Darice brand I said I liked was on Michaels!)
- Printable Heat Transfer for Light Fabrics (I actually used a different brand than the one I’m linking to, but I’ve had better results with this one.)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Floss
- Embroidery Needles
4/20/18 – Mermaid Crafts!
Today, we are crafting with the current Fresh Cut SVG bundle which is all things MERMAID! This bundle, you guys. So good. We are doing some stenciling, and some vinyling, and some hot gluing, and it’s going to be a messy good time.
- Fresh Cut Mermaid Bundle
- Silhouette Cameo 3 (any cutting machine will work!)
- Stencil Material
- Wooden Box
- Tumble Dye Spray Dye
- Heat Transfer Vinyl (This is that AMAZING Holographic Pearl HTV)
- Siser Easyweed Adhesive
- Multi-Use Paper
4/6/18 – Crochet Pineapples!
I’m trying to bring the sunshine to you today with some crochet pineapples! Get the free pattern for the pineapples I’m making right HERE. Plus, I’m talking a bit about making tassels and trying out the Clover tassel maker.
- Embroidery Floss and 2.75 mm Crochet Hook
- Worsted Cotton Yarn and G (4.00 mm) Hook
- Size 7 Jumbo Yarn and S (19.00 mm) hook
- Clover Tassel Maker
- Flat Pad Earring Posts
- Tie Tacks with Clutch
- Fabric Stiffener (optional)
- Hot Glue Gun
3/30 – Floral Vinyl Crafts & Mother’s Day Ideas
Today, I did Friday Craft Club over on the Expressions Vinyl facebook page! We made a few different floral crafts using adhesive vinyl. Each one of these projects would also make great Mother’s Day gifts!
- Clear Shrink Film
- Silhouette Cameo 3
- Glossy Permanent Adhesive Vinyl
- Transparent Glitter Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Jump Rings
- Flat Pad Earring Posts
- E6000 Glue
- Jewelry Pliers
- Picture Frame
Also – did I mention there’s a DEAL?? For today only (3/30/18) get 25% off adhesive vinyl with the code PERSIALOU – time to stock up! (Code expires 11:59 MST time 3/30/18)
3/16 – Simple Easter Crafts
Today, I am sharing a bunch of simple Easter craft ideas using the current Fresh Cut SVG Bundle we are doing a simple watercolor Easter art idea, plus a banner using my favorite new vinyl, and a super cute card using heat transfer vinyl on paper (what???)
- Designs from the Fresh Cut Bundle
- I cut my designs with my Silhouette Cameo 3
- Heavy weight cardstock
- Watercolor paper
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Water Brush
- Banner Pad
- Opal Foil Adhesive Vinyl
- Clear Grid Transfer Tape
- White Glitter HTV
- Orange Flocked HTV
- Pink Glitter HTV
- Multi-Use Paper
- Ironing Pad
3/9 – Colorful Scratch Off Easter Cards
I am so excited about this one, guys! Did you know you can make colorful, patterned scratch offs?? It’s true and so easy too! Watch below for the step-by-step tutorial, and find the free printables for the Easter cards I made HERE.
- Silhouette Printable Scratch Off Sticker Material (30% off through March 15 with code PERSIA through this link or also available on Amazon)
- Silhouette Cameo or other electronic cutting machine (this should work fine for my Cricutfriends) (Silhouette also has an awesome bundle available now through March 15 – you basically get a free Mint machine!! Use code PERSIA to get the deal.)
- Any Color Printer – I’m a big fan of my Brother Laser Printer
- Envelopes – the smaller cards will fit in A2 envelopes and the larger fit in A7 envelopes
3/2 – St. Patrick’s Day Ribbons
Today, we made cute paper ribbons to keep those pinchers away on St. Paddy’s Day! I have free printables right HERE to make your own cute ribbons.
- My St. Patrick’s Day Ribbon Printables – I recommend printing the first page on card stock and the second two pages on regular printer paper. Get them HERE
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- 2.5″ Circle Punch
- 2″ Circle Punch
- Scoring Board
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pin Backs
- Ribbon – I used 1.5″ wide satin ribbon plus other thinner ribbons and trims like sequins
- Colored or Glitter Cardstock (optional)
2/9 – Yarn Loom Flowers
Today, we busted out the yarn stash and made some cute little loopy flowers using a flower loom. These flowers are really easy to make and can be used for lots of different things – sew it on a bag, glue it on a hair clip, or even crochet into the loops to make a pretty flower hexagon motif – I will show you how!
- Boye Flower Loom (this is the one I have, but this one looks identical and less expensive OR try this one for different sizes and shapes)
- Yarn! You can use any yarn you have on hand. I used Paintbox yarns here. If you are looking for a great online shop to order yarn from, check out Consumer Crafts.
- Crochet Hook
- Optional: hair clips, hot glue gun
That’s it! Easy Peasy. P.S. There were a few questions about the shirt I wore today – it’s from the Who What Wear line at Target, which I am a fan of, but it doesn’t look like you can get it online right now. Soooo… if you needed an excuse to go to Target, you’re welcome! Ha!
2/2 – Simple DIY Birch Tree Painting
For today’s craft club, I decided to do a little demonstration of a post from a few years ago that has been fairly popular. This is a super duper simple art project that anyone can make. It would be perfect for a girl’s night art project or for doing with the kids! You can check out the written tutorial for it right HERE.
- Stretched Canvases – You can find some great deals on Consumer Crafts or get one of those nice, thick canvases with a coupon!
- Acrylic Craft Paint – I used DecoArt, but any brand will work.
- Masking Tape – Frogtape or Scotch Blue are good for blocking out paint, but any old masking tape should work fine.
- Brush – I used this one (and this one looks similar)
- Palette Paper
- Old Credit Card or Shoppers Card
- Liquid Leaf OR DecoFoil Adhesive and Foil OR Metal Leaf Adhesive and Metal Leaf
1/26 – DIY Temporary Tattoos & A Unicorn Water Bottle
Today we used some of the designs from January’s Fresh Cut SVG bundle to make custom temporary tattoos and a cute unicorn waterbottle! You can watch here and find links for all the supplies I used below.
- Printable Temporary Tattoo Paper – get it from Amazon or on Silhouette America (always get 10% off with code 10OFF)
- Gold Metallic Temporary Tattoo Paper – get it from Expressions Vinyl or on Silhouette America (always get 10% off with code 10OFF)
- Silver Metallic Temporary Tattoo Paper – get it from Expressions Vinyl or on Silhouette America (always get 10% off with code 10OFF)
- My favorite Siser (“Caesar” HA!) Weeding Hook
- My favorite Clear Transfer Tape
- Application Tool
- Oracal 651 Permanent Adhesive Vinyl
- Silhouette Cameo
- Cute Waterbottles (I got mine from Hobby Lobby, but don’t see them online. This one looks really similar and would work great.)