I don’t know about you, but I usually keep gift bags I have received and I have TONS stored up. To make a gift bag more unique, you can pull out the original handles and tie it closed with a big pom-pom.
You can also add pom-poms to the end of crochet chain, so the tails of your bow will have little pom-pom punctuation marks.
To add pom-poms to the end of a crochet chain, thread one of the ends of the tails used to tie the pom-pom into a yarn needle. Use the needle to pull the tail through the end of the chain, and then tie the pom-pom to the chain using a double knot.
So. Now you want to make some pom-poms, right? Well, you could buy a pom-pom maker. Or, you could use this technique that only requires yarn, scissors, and your fingers.
- Wrap the yarn around four fingers. I find that it helps to start with your fingers a bit spread apart.
- Keep wrapping the yarn. The more you wrap the fuller and bigger your pom-pom will be.
- Take a piece of yarn about 10-12 inches long. Push one end of the yarn through your middle and ring finger and wrap around the loops of yarn.
- Tie a double knot as tight as you can.
- Cut through the loops. Do not cut the longer strings used to tie the pom-pom in step 3. These strings will be used to attach your pom-pom to whatever project you are working on.
- Your pom-pom will probably be a bit wild and uneven at this point.
- Give your buddy a little trim. The more you trim off, the tighter your pom-pom will be.
- Admire your work!
Comments + Project Love
So Cute! Thanks for the tutorial!
These are adorable! You are so creative! What a great idea!
Ohh… I love this idea! Linking up a Tangled Happy tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this. 🙂
wrapping machine says
Firstly, when I was reading your post I was surprised what this Pom Pom packaging is. Later when I read it further then I understand it’s nice way to pack your gift such as increase their height and size. Thanks for giving details of how we can create our Pom Pom packaging.