Make this DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt in minutes with Iron On Vinyl and my free happy ice cream cone SVG cut file. It’s so cute and easy to make! This post contains affiliate links, which help to support this site at no extra cost to you.
We just celebrated my son’s first birthday with an ice cream party. I will be sharing more of the details soon (you may have seen some sneak peeks on instagram), but for now I wanted to share a little DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt I made for my son to wear at the party.
I made this shirt using flocked heat transfer vinyl, and I love heat transfer vinyl because it’s so easy! I find flocked iron on vinyl to be particularly easy to use, so if you are new to working with vinyl, I definitely recommend it! I made this shirt in about ten minutes flat. Here’s everything you need to make your own:
DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt Supplies:
- T shirt
- Flocked Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Silhouette Cameo, Cricut, or Other Electronic Cutting Machine
- Weeding Tool
- Iron or Heat Press
- My Happy Ice Cream Cone Cut File (Click to HERE to download the SVG, PNG, and DXF files in a ZIP file. Cut files are free for personal use ONLY. You can purchase a commercial use license HERE.)
DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt Tutorial
If you have never done heat transfer vinyl before, don’t fret! I have a full guide to working with heat transfer vinyl (also called iron on vinyl) right HERE.
Here are the basic steps:
- Download the cut file from the supply list above and open it in your cutting machines software.
- Cut the design from your vinyl. Make sure your design is a mirror image and that you cut on the non-shiny side of the heat transfer vinyl.
- Use your weeding tool to remove the negative space from your design.
- Place the design on your shirt, with the shiny clear plastic on top. Cover with a piece of cotton fabric or parchment paper and iron with pressure for about 20 seconds or according to the manufacturer recommendations.
- Peel back the plastic to reveal your design!
I thought a little party ice cream cone would be fun for the party, but still cute for everyday wear too. My daughter liked the shirt so much, she wanted one too, and the heat transfer vinyl made it easy to whip one up for her in a few minutes.
Check out more Heat Transfer Vinyl projects: