Make this DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt in minutes with HTV (heat transfer vinyl) and my free download cut file. It’s so cute and easy to make! This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Persia Lou!
We just celebrated my son’s first birthday with an ice cream party. I will be sharing more of the details soon (you may have seen some sneak peeks on instagram), but for now I wanted to share a little DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt I made for my son to wear at the party.
I made this shirt using flocked heat transfer vinyl. I have made plenty of t-shirts for my kids with freezer paper, which is great, but I love heat transfer vinyl for its simplicity. I made this shirt in about ten minutes flat. So easy!! Here’s everything you need to make your own:
DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt Supplies:
- T shirt
- Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Silhouette Cameo
- Weeding Tool
- Iron or Heat Press
- My Happy Ice Cream Cone Studio File (Download HERE)
DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt Tutorial
If you have never done heat transfer vinyl before, don’t fret! It is so easy to do. It is really just a few simple steps:
- Download the studio cut file HERE. Open it in the Silhouette Studio software.
- Cut the design from your vinyl using your Silhouette. Make sure your design is a mirror image and that you cut on the non-shiny side of the heat transfer vinyl.
- Use your weeding tool to remove the negative space from your design.
- Place the design on your shirt, with the shiny clear plastic on top. Cover with a piece of cotton fabric and iron with pressure for about 20 seconds or according to the manufacturer recommendations.
- Peel back the plastic to reveal your design!
I thought a little party ice cream cone would be fun for the party, but still cute for everyday wear too. My daughter liked the shirt so much, she wanted one too, and the heat transfer vinyl made it easy to whip one up for her in a few minutes.
Be sure to check out all of my ice cream themed projects from this party: marshmallow ice cream cones, we all scream for ice cream printable, ice cream shop decorations, and the full party post.
If you make your own DIY Ice Cream Cone T-shirt, I would love to see it! Share your photos to my facebook page or tag me on instagram or twitter (@persialou), and don’t forget to use the hashtag #persialou for a chance to be featured.
Check out more Heat Transfer Vinyl projects: