- yarn (I recommend a bulky weight yarn for this)
- a piece of wire (or a large paper clip opened up)
- round-nose pliers
- spray paint (optional)
- Wrap yarn around four fingers with fingers spread apart.
- Keep on wrapping (for a bulky, fluffy pom pom, you are going to want to wrap a whole lot).
- Push a separate piece of yarn between your two middle fingers and wrap around your bundle.
- Tie it tight!
- Cut all those loops open.
- There’s a big messy pom pom.
- Give it a little hair cut to even it out.
Starting at one end of your wire, use the round-nose pliers to shape the wire into a spiraling triangle shape. Using the pliers, grab the wire where you want it to bend and then bend the wire around the pliers. This will give your wire a nice, smooth bend.
When your holder is in the right shape, you can give it a quick coat of spray paint if you want. I, of course, had to make mine gold. Then just stick the straight end right into the tight middle of the pom pom.
And that’s it! Your pom pom picture holder is all ready to go. This little guy won’t hold anything too heavy, but it is perfect for displaying instagram prints or little love notes.