I actually made these back in February for Valentine’s Day, but they are a perfect summer BBQ treat too. Get the recipe here at Dollhouse Bake Shoppe.
Here are my tips:
- Feel free to substitute your favorite cream cheese frosting.
- Don’t be tempted to replace the cake batter with some other white cake recipe. Seriously, this cake is SO good.
- I used store bought strawberry jam rather than making my own filling. It’s okay. Give yourself a break. It’s still going to be delicious. Trust.
- It’s no big deal if you don’t have a bismark tip for filling the cupcakes. I cut a little cone out of each cupcake, and it actually created an adorable heart-shaped strawberry filling in the middle of each cupcake (Really! Check out the picture below).
- Prepare yourself for compliments. I may be overselling these, but really. So. Good.