The cookbook includes lots of fresh recipes and is organized according to season, which is great. It also includes lots of good information about food and ingredients, like this handy oil chart:
Cool, right? It’s a great little cookbook with lots of fun recipes like Pineapple Ginger Sorbet, S’mores Pancakes, Pear & Pecan Salad, and Orange Ginger Carrots! And Cafe Zupas is going to send a cookbook to one of you. Yay! (Be sure to enter the giveaway at the end of this post!)
So, I wanted to share one of the recipes with you guys! Since it’s technically Spring, I started by flipping through the Spring section, but since here in Vegas it’s feeling a lot like Summer already, I just had to go with Summer. I ended up making this delicious Greek Pasta Salad. It has so much flavor, and is loaded up with veggies, so it’s pretty dang healthy too! I made a double batch for a potluck dinner at our church, and it got lots of compliments. So tasty and really easy to throw together!
- 1/2 lb (1/2 box) bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1-2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup kalamata olives, cut in half lengthwise (I left these out just because my husband hates them)
- 1/2 can (1 cup) artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half lengthwise (I used frozen because that’s what I had on hand)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (optional – but delicious!)
- 5-8 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced (I used dried)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar (I subbed honey)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil (When I make this again, I will probably cut it back to 1/2 cup)
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil a little at a time
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients
- Slowly add vinaigrette to salad, just until it is coated. Toss well and serve.
And that’s it!
So, who wants to win a cookbook? Must be 18 or older and a U.S. Resident to enter. Giveaway ends midnight PST 3/11/14. Good luck!
THE GIVEAWAY HAS CLOSED